Wednesday, May 9, 2018

GENE PRITSKER UPDATE


Composer Gene Pritsker presents a concert of his vocal music. "I have written many chamber operas, various chamber music with voice, jazz songs, r&b songs, choral music and songs inspired by various genres and cultures. I thought it would be great to have a concert that features my eclectic vocal compositions. I assembled a group of great singers and picked repertoire that will feature each of their voices as well as combine them to perform some of my choral music." Sopranos Mary Illes and Sharon Harms, mezzo soprano Jessica Bowers, counter tenor Juecheng Chen and baritone Charles Coleman, with special guests Franz Hackl on trumpet and guitarist Sean Satin, will perform many of my compositions, including the premieres of: 'Whitman's Strangers Electronic' for mezzo soprano and Samplestra (pre recorded electronics), Nun Tuv Hey' from 'Four Choral Pieces On Hebrew Letters' for chorus and 'Turn Back?' for counter tenor and guitar, as well as older music such as the duo 'Renascence', the jazzy 'Funeral Blues' and my choral piece 'Wish + Faith = Kisses'. The concert will also include music of Mark Kostabi, Franz Hackl, Charles Coleman, and Shanan Estreicher.

Saturday, May12th at 9pm. The concert will be held at Bar Thalia - Symphony Space


Here's 'The Wall' from Gene's recent "Trump" concerto.



No comments:

Post a Comment