Tuesday, May 30, 2017

THE LAUGHING BASTARDS - OLD MASTERPLANS

Last Sunday, I enjoyed the Laughing Bastards opening another fine series of concerts at the Ham Sessions festival in Ghent, BE.
  • Jan-Sebastiaan Degeyter, gitaar
  • Michel Mast, tenor sax
  • Nils Vermeulen, contrabas
  • Casper Van De Velde, drums​
The quartet performed tunes by a.o. Jan-Sebastiaan Degeyter, Jimmy Giuffre, Horace Silver and Carla Bley. Great stuff.
I had already seen them at 'De Singer' last December and I knew I would enjoy this.

The Lauging Bastards' latest album, "Old Masterplans", is from 2016. I thought I had already mentioned it here but I couldn't find it. Anyway, I'm happy to mention it again.
At the time with Lander Gyselinck on the drums. Mixed and mastered by Pierre Vervloesem.
Beautiful.



No comments:

Post a Comment