Wednesday, March 27, 2013

SAMPLESTRA SAMPLER

Gene Pritsker will be releasing a new album next month.

The album is called 'Samplestra' and will feature performances by John Clark, Peter Krysa, Cesar Papetti, Michiyo Suzuki, Lynn Bechtold, Keve Wilson, Matthias Kronsteiner, Martin Kuuskmann, Margaret Lancaster, Kathleen Supové.

Gene Pritsker adds:
"Samplestra is the name I give to any prerecorded elements in my music. I see it as an orchestra of samples, since I use little fragments of pre existing music or sounds and manipulate them to my own composition. I treat these samples as found objects to write new music with. This CD represents 14 compositions that use Samplestra in combination with solos or small chamber ensembles ."




http://noizepunk.wix.com/samplestra


No comments:

Post a Comment