Saturday, June 4, 2011

TWO NEW BEEFHEART RELEASES ON THE OZIT LABEL

I've never been a big fan of the British Ozit label. They have released quite a number of Captain Beefheart albums the last couple of years, but the quality of the product (audio, packaging, price) has never really made me happy.
Recently, the label has put out two new CB albums.
The recordings that were used for these albums originate from John Peel's collection. That's also the reason that these albums carry the Ozit / Dandelion label. (The legendary Dandelion label was one of John Peel's projects).

As for audio quality, I'm rather satisfied. After all, the tapes that were used were audience recordings from the early seventies.
Packaging is OK as well. I don't understand why the album titles have to be such a mess, or why volume one was released on vinyl, and volume two is out on CD, but that's probably just me.
My major remark is that the tracklisting isn't correct, and that there's no info whatsover on the bands / bandmembers. A pity.

So, in all, two new Beefheart albums on Ozit, and they're worth your attention. If they're worth your money, that's up to you.






No comments:

Post a Comment