Tuesday, July 20, 2010

MASSIMO BASSOLI

Massimo Bassoli is an Italian rock journalist who wrote a book about FZ, published in 1982, called "ZAPPA (E' PIU' DURO DI TUO MARITO)" (in English: "Zappa (harder than your husband)"). He provided the snarling Italian Words on Uncle Meat's 'Tengo Na Minchia Tanta' - a bonus track on the '87 re-release - and appeared in Uncle Meat (The Film). Bassoli can also be heard on "You Can't Do That On Stage Anymore Vol. 3", and seen in The Dub Room Special performing 'Tengo Na Minchia Tanta'.

On Facebook, Massimo says:
"Last friday 16th Dweezil Zappa, Frank's son, played Naples, Italy. I was there and he invited me on stage to sing Tengo Na Minchia Tanta. I did it. 28 years later with his fantastic son, it was extreme, really too much for me. Thanks Dweezil, to be you, to be such a great artist, to be such a great guitarist, to be such a great son! I love you. Massimo"

No comments:

Post a Comment