Friday, May 29, 2009

BROKKENAVOND IN AMSTERDAM

I've mentioned it before, but as it is happening tonight, I thought I'd mention it again.

Tonight at Zaal 100 in Amsterdam, Corrie van Binsbergen is hosting another Brokkenavond.

De BrokkenFabriek will be performing Corrie's 'Zoot-Suit', her hommage to FZ, and Darius Timmer's Stinkfoot band will be performing the music of FZ

Since the latest update, the line-up of Stinkfoot has slightly changed.
The band will consist of:

Darius Timmer: keys
Jelle Viser: guitar
Jur Vermijs: guitar
Morgan Knibbe: drums
Jasja Offermans: bass
Wouter Vroege: rumpet
Boyd Allen: vocals

I still haven't decided if I will be trying to atted these concerts. We're having a long weekend here in Belgium and in Holland, so tonight they're expecting traffic jams all over the place...
When there's no traffic, it takes me about one hour and a half to drive to Amsterdam. Unfortunately, there will be lots of traffic.

I remember being one hour late for a Residents gig once. Also in Amsterdam. When I finally got there, the band hadn't even arrived. They were also caught in traffic. Lucky me.
I also remember being blocked halfway when I wanted to go to the "Fathers Of Invention" concert years ago. Tickets on the back-seat, still 100 kilometers to go, not moving and knowing that the band (Metropole Orkest, Sinfonietta, ... don't remember) had already started. Eventually, I made a U-turn and drove back home. Not the happiest moment.
Haven't decided yet...

No comments:

Post a Comment